[Mauiusers] Re: [torquedev] Re: [torqueusers] Allocating resources by CPUs

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Sun Mar 18 20:56:31 MDT 2007

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007, Glen Beane wrote:

> I agree that we should add a '-l cpus=x'  option to torque

[catching up again]

Thinking further what we could really do with is a way to tell Maui & Moab to
do the right thing, rather than extending the RM (and then extending the
scheduler to cope).

Perhaps add another JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY option, perhaps ALMOSTEXACTNODE ?

Then a job that asks for nodes=N get N cpus and a job that asks nodes=N:ppn=x
gets what it asked for.

cheers,
Chris