[Mauiusers] overriding USERCFG by CLASSCFG?

Martin Kleinschmidt mk at theochem.uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri Mar 16 10:27:35 MDT 2007

On Fr, 16 M?r 2007, Douglas Wightman wrote:

>When Maui is presented with multiple limits, it will always enforce the
>most restrictive.  In this sense, the class limit cannot "override" the
>user limit.

OK!

>Overriding limits can be done using the QOS facilities

Documentation is a little bit confusing, because it does not tell me how
to create a QOS. But is is easy: just "use" the QOS and it is
automatically created :-)

maui.cfg now reads:

USERCFG[DEFAULT] MAXPROC=15
CLASSCFG[verylong] MAXPROCPERUSER=5
CLASSCFG[verylong] MAXPROC=15

CLASSCFG[fast] QDEF=unlimit
QOSFLAGS[unlimit] IGNALL

and I added

CLASSCFG[medium] QDEF=batch
CLASSCFG[long] QDEF=batch
CLASSCFG[verylong] QDEF=batch
QOSCFG[batch] MAXPROC=47

to ensure that there is always 1 PROC free for the fast queue.
(I am telling this to the mailing-list archive - just in case anyone
micght be looking for it ;)

Thanks!

   ...martin