[Mauiusers] assigning a node to a torque queue

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Wed Jun 27 23:10:11 MDT 2007

Hi Carlos,

Setting up a standing reservation will only prevent 'other' jobs from accessing that resource block.  To 'bind' jobs to the resource, you need separate, additional settings.  Probably the easiest option (there are a number) is to set a default node feature requirement on the queue, ie.
qmgr -c 'set queue test resources_default.neednodes = test'

Of course that requires a queue and property for each binding...  That is probably fine for your current need.

Gareth Williams
Outreach Manager
CSIRO IM&T - eScience (HPSC)
http://intra.hpsc.csiro.au