[Mauiusers] assigning a node to a torque queue

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Jun 27 17:10:43 MDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 04:13:58PM +0200, Carlos Borrego Iglesias alleged:
> Hello,
> I am trying to define a reservation in which a torque queue (test) is
> assigned a node (td154.pic.es) and just that one. I thought this
> configuration was enough, but my jobs are running in other nodes rather
> the one I want to :
>
> node assigned to queue
> SRCFG[test]        NODEFEATURES=test
> SRCFG[test]        USERLIST=cborrego,dteam001
> SRCFG[test]        MAXPROC=4 PRIORITY=1000
> SRCFG[test]        HOSTLIST=td154.pic.es
> SRCFG[test]        PERIOD=INFINITY
> SRCFG[test]        TASKCOUNT=4
> SRCFG[test]        RESOURCES=PROCS:-1
> SRCFG[test]        STARTTIME=0:00:00 ENDTIME=24:00:00
> SRCFG[test]        CLASSLIST=test
>

> the node td154.pic.es has as property "test" (qmgr  -c "set node
> td154.pic.es  properties += test")
>
> Unfortunately I can't use the option -l for qsub to specify the
> "resource_list" since it's a grid job and the submission is done to the
> queue "test" without any option.
>
> The problem is that these jobs finish running in other nodes rather than
> the one specified in the HOSTLIST. I have don a test using "qsub -q
> test" but it happens the same. Indeed I can see the reservation using
> showres:
>
> [root at pbs01 root]# showres |grep test
> test.0.0            User -   -00:12:07    INFINITY    INFINITY    1/4
> Tue Jun 26 15:58:57

Your SR is reserving a node for the test class, but that doesn't make
class test exclusively use the SR.

Just run this in qmgr and restart maui:
  set queue test resources_default.neednodes = test

University of Southern California

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0