[Mauiusers] assigning a node to a torque queue

Carlos Borrego Iglesias cborrego at pic.es
Tue Jun 26 08:13:58 MDT 2007

Hello,
I am trying to define a reservation in which a torque queue (test) is
assigned a node (td154.pic.es) and just that one. I thought this
configuration was enough, but my jobs are running in other nodes rather
the one I want to :

node assigned to queue
SRCFG[test]        NODEFEATURES=test
SRCFG[test]        USERLIST=cborrego,dteam001
SRCFG[test]        MAXPROC=4 PRIORITY=1000
SRCFG[test]        HOSTLIST=td154.pic.es
SRCFG[test]        PERIOD=INFINITY
SRCFG[test]        TASKCOUNT=4
SRCFG[test]        RESOURCES=PROCS:-1
SRCFG[test]        STARTTIME=0:00:00 ENDTIME=24:00:00
SRCFG[test]        CLASSLIST=test

the node td154.pic.es has as property "test" (qmgr  -c "set node
td154.pic.es  properties += test")

Unfortunately I can't use the option -l for qsub to specify the
"resource_list" since it's a grid job and the submission is done to the
queue "test" without any option.

The problem is that these jobs finish running in other nodes rather than
the one specified in the HOSTLIST. I have don a test using "qsub -q
test" but it happens the same. Indeed I can see the reservation using
showres:

[root at pbs01 root]# showres |grep test
test.0.0            User -   -00:12:07    INFINITY    INFINITY    1/4
Tue Jun 26 15:58:57

Any ideas?
Thanks so much!
Carlos

Carlos Borrego Iglesias               PIC (Port d'Informació Científica)
tel: +34 93 581 3322                  Campus UAB - Edifici D
e-mail: Carlos.Borrego at pic.es         E-08193 Bellaterra

Avis - Aviso - Legal Notice:  http://www.ifae.es/legal.html

Abans d'imprimir-me, penseu bé si és realment necessari.