[Mauiusers] Batch Hold for Policy Violation, which doesn't exist

Lennart Karlsson Lennart.Karlsson at nsc.liu.se
Wed Jul 18 04:08:19 MDT 2007

I would try to add a resources_max.nodect declaration in qmgr for
each PBS queue, as for example:

set queue short resources_max.nodect = 140

This sets the upper limit on how many processors/cores you may
use in a single job.

Regarding the count of 70, I do not know why you get it. Perhaps
it is due to a double-counting bug of Maui (see bug number 99 in
http://clusterresources.com/bugzilla/), but I am not sure if it
appears already in p13 of Maui-3.2.6. The bug appears sometime
after p11 and at latest in snapshots of p14. I run a snap version
of p16 (or p11) on our Maui systems and both are free from that
bug. Perhaps you should upgrade to some snap version of p16 or
later (I run maui-3.2.6p16-snap.1157560841 here)?

Cheers,
   http://www.nsc.liu.se
   +46 706 49 55 35
   +46 13 28 26 24