[Mauiusers] how to treat jobs delayed by overun jobs?

vesor at 163 vesor at 163.com
Mon Jul 9 02:00:16 MDT 2007

maui allow jobs to run for some time after the walllock limits are reached.
but this may delay some jobs start after the overun job.
Assume there're 10 processors and 3 jobs:

job  size  estimate_length real_length  start_time
  1    5               4            5            0
  2    3               2            2            4
  3    4               5            5            4

 At the time of 4, maui will find job 1 want to keep running after its walllock limit,
so job 2 or job 3 can't start at time 4.
We don't need to delay both job 2 and job 3, we just need choose one to delay.
Maui will delay job 2 or job 3 ?
If we have configured a job can overun for a time of 5,
we can let job 2 or job3 to start at the time of 4 + 5 = 9.
But at the time of 5, maui will find that job 1 finished,
so will maui make job 2 or job 3 start at 5 ?