[Mauiusers] Help partitioning cluster using QoS

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Jul 5 23:45:43 MDT 2007

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, Jones J.W. wrote:

Bore da Jason,

> I am using OpenPBS 2.3.12 and Maui 3.2.6p13.

Sadly I have no experience using QoS with either Maui or Moab, but I will
comment and say that OpenPBS is *very* old and rather broken, you will
probably find life a lot easier (and more scalable) if you look at using
Torque (derived from the original OpenPBS code many years ago) instead.

People have put a lot of work in to chasing down memory leaks and various
other nasty bugs that made running OpenPBS a rather painful experience.

You can grab that for free from:

http://www.clusterresources.com/pages/products/torque-resource-manager.php

Pob hywl!
Chris  (a happy user / bug finder / guinea pig ex-pat Cymraeg down under)