[Mauiusers] Standing reservations

Bram Metsch metsch at ins.uni-bonn.de
Thu Jul 5 09:56:32 MDT 2007

Hi,

on our cluster, we us a standing reservation to reserve 8 nodes from 8am - 6pm
on weekdays for debugging tasks.

However, each time a node is rebooted, it is always put into this reservation
even if there are already 8 nodes reserved. We always have to manually release
this reservation.

The corresponding lines in maui.cfg read as follows,

SRCFG[debug]            PARTITION=bit64
SRCFG[debug]            TASKCOUNT=8 #RESOURCES=PROCS:2
SRCFG[debug]            CLASSLIST=debug,emergency
SRCFG[debug]            PERIOD=DAY
SRCFG[debug]            DAYS=Mon,Tue,Wed,Thu,Fri
SRCFG[debug]            STARTTIME=08:00:00      ENDTIME=18:00:00
# create reservations for the next 7 days
SRCFG[debug]            DEPTH=7
CLASSCFG[debug] PRIORITY=0 PLIST=bit64^ MAXPROC=16,16 FLAGS=ADVRES:debug

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best regards,

Bram.