[Mauiusers] Preemption and Queues

Mark Nelson Mark.Nelson at durham.ac.uk
Wed Jan 31 09:43:49 MST 2007

Hello

Further to my previous posts, I have managed to get preemption working
in a fashion.  If I have two queues short and medium, short jobs can
preempt (i.e. suspend) medium jobs and the medium jobs then restart and
run to completion.  What I want to do now is have multiple queues eg
short, medium, long and  extralong and have the following preemptions
take place -

queue      preemptor's

extralong  long, medium, short
long       medium, short
medium     short.

Is this possible can a queue be both a preemptor and a preemptee at the
same time?  I know from experience that this is possible in other
batching systems such as SGE, however the project I am working on
requires the running of maui/torque.

Can someone from Super Cluster please confirm or deny if this is possible.

Thanks in advance

Mark.
Mark Nelson - Mark.Nelson at durham.ac.uk

IPPP, Department of Physics, University of Durham,
Science Laboratories, South Road, Durham, DH1 3LE
Office: +44 (0)191 334 3811, Direct Dial: +44 (0)191 334 3653

PGP Key: http://www.ippp.dur.ac.uk/~mn/pgp_key.txt
This mail is for the addressee only