[Mauiusers] QOS

Kevin Van Workum vanw at tticluster.com
Tue Jan 30 09:41:43 MST 2007

On 12/5/06, Åke Sandgren <ake.sandgren at hpc2n.umu.se> wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-12-04 at 21:38 +0100, Bernd Schubert wrote:
>
> You could set up a QOS that only users allowed to use that queue can
> utilize.
>
> QOSCFG[high] PRIORITY=9000
> QOSCFG[DEFAULT] priority=0 (or some other QOS parameter)
>
> USERCFG[userx] QLIST=high:DEFAULT QDEF=DEFAULT
>
> Don't forget to set QOSWEIGHT to something or the priority from QOS
> won't matter.
>
> Now only userx can use the "high" QOS.
>
> CLASSCFG[somequeue] QLIST=high:DEFAULT QDEF=DEFAULT
> should enable the "high" QOS for anyone allowed to use the "somequeue"
> queue.

I tried this, but couldn't get userx to submit jobs under QOS high. He
always gets DEFAULT.

I have:

QOSCFG[high]  PRIORITY=100
QOSCFG[DEFAULT]  PRIORITY=0
USERCFG[userx] QLIST=high QDEF=DEFAULT
CLASSCFG[dque] QLIST=high:DEFAULT QDEF=DEFAULT

If I do 'qsub -l qos=high test.pbs', checkjob shows:
Creds:  user:userx  group:userx  account:userx  class:dque  qos:DEFAULT

It seems that no matter what I do, the qos is always what QDEF is set
to on the USERCFG line, or DEFAULT if it is not set.

maui 3.2.6p19
torque 2.1.6