[Mauiusers] Problem with Torque/Maui

Donald Tripp dtripp at hawaii.edu
Wed Jan 24 12:16:31 MST 2007

What does

ps -ef | grep pbs

return? You should see something like this:

...  /usr/local/pbs/i686/sbin/pbs_server

if you see

... /usr/local/pbs/i686/sbin/pbs_mom -r

  then the head node is also configured to run jobs.

also, check

# chkconfig --list | grep pbs
pbs_server      0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

you should only see pbs_server on the head node. If you see pbs_mom,
then you need to turn it off and remove it

# chkconfig pbs_mom off
# chkconfig --del pbs_mom

- Donald Tripp
  dtripp at hawaii.edu