[Mauiusers] Re: [torqueusers] maui-3.2.6p18 + torque-2.1.6: segfault on Maui

Thomas H Dr Pierce TPierce at rohmhaas.com
Thu Jan 18 06:44:37 MST 2007

Dear Torque and Maui users,

I too had an issue with Maui 3.2.6p18 running once and then disappearing
from the process list. Log file looked great but only one pass and then
maui stopped with no errors anywhere. I read the release notes for the
different patches and discovered that patch19 was supposed to fix a
segfault.  So I tried it. -downloaded, ran configure, make, make install,
copied the maui.cfg file and run the sbin/maui

And it worked, and it still working. So I recommend patch19 for RHEL4p4 on
a dual processor with torque 2.1.6

At patch18 I also had to fix a config error maui.cfg:
        # Resource Manager Definition
        #RMCFG[SILVIO] TYPE=PBS at RMNMHOST@
        RMCFG[SILVIO] TYPE=PBS

the @RMHHOST@ was not supposed to be there. (silvio is the hostname of the
computer)
------
Sincerely,

   Tom Pierce

Dave Jackson <jacksond at clusterresources.com>
Sent by: mauiusers-bounces at supercluster.org
01/17/2007 07:49 PM

notinh notien <notinhnotien7 at hotmail.com>
cc
mauiusers at supercluster.org, torqueusers at supercluster.org
Subject
[Mauiusers] Re: [torqueusers] maui-3.2.6p18 + torque-2.1.6:     segfault
on Maui

Can you send us a gdb 'where' covering the SEGV.  We will get this
fixed!

Dave