[Mauiusers] configuring disk space

Kevin Van Workum vanw at tticluster.com
Mon Feb 5 15:17:52 MST 2007

I tried using:
NODECFG[amd24] CFGDISK=10000

checknode amd24 returned:
Configured Resources: PROCS: 1  MEM: 503M  SWAP: 1484M  DISK: 10000M
Utilized   Resources: DISK: 9999M
Dedicated  Resources: [NONE]

But my job doesn't start if I request more than 1mb, e.g. 'qsub -l
file=2mb'. So it looks like maui thinks there is only 1mb of disk
available.

Also, I couldn't find any 'file' option for mom's config, but I did
find the 'size' option. So I tried 'size[fs=/tmp]'.

In this case checknode amd24 returned:
Configured Resources: PROCS: 1  MEM: 503M  SWAP: 1483M  DISK: 12G
Utilized   Resources: DISK: 1855M
Dedicated  Resources: [NONE]

Which is close to the correct disk space for /tmp. 'df -h /tmp' gives:
[root at amd24 ~]# df /tmp -h
Filesystem                                    Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 13G  1.9G 10G  16%    /

But I found that if I request file=4096mb or more, the job fails.
mom's log says:
"pbs_mom;Job;TMomFinalizeJob3;job not started, Failure job exec
failure, after files staged, no retry"
and pbs_server says:
"PBS_Server: stream_eof, connection to amd24 is bad, remote service
may be down, message may be corrupt, or connection may have been
dropped remotely (End of File).  setting node state to down"

Requesting less than file=4096mb works fine.

Maybe I'm requesting the required disk space incorrectly on qsub's command line.

Kevin

--
Kevin Van Workum, Ph.D.
Vice President