[Mauiusers] Re: maui-3.2.6p18 + torque-2.1.6: segfault on Maui

Erich Focht efocht at hpce.nec.com
Mon Feb 5 05:10:09 MST 2007

Josh Butikofer wrote:
> This bug was already fixed in the latest Maui patch 19 snapshot. Note that
> we now officially release a Maui patch only after the snapshots for that
> particular patch prove to be stable and we feel that enough fixes/features
> have been rolled into them to warrant a new release. Thus patch 19 is not
> yet listed as officially released, but snapshots for that patch are
> already available. Snapshots always have the most up-to-date bug fixes, so
> we recommend trying them out if you experience problems with older
> versions of Maui.

We've encountered these bugs, too. Considering the large number of people
who reported these bugs the version 3.2.6p18 looks like a brown paperbag
release. I'm wondering why the people wearing the virtual paperbag on their
heads (maui release manager?) don't hurry more to release a bug fixed p19
release. Two months are a long time to get many people annoyed.

Regards,
Erich