[Mauiusers] maui deamon constantly dies

Troy Baer troy at osc.edu
Fri Feb 2 09:56:57 MST 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-02 at 11:10 -0500, Lawrence Sorrillo wrote:
> I am using maui 3.2.6p18.
> This is also what I observed as all my submitted jobs ran fine. But if
> submit a large number of jobs in quick succession maui dies in between
some
> and wont restart itself. Can I alter this behavior?

What's a large number of jobs?  IIRC, Maui has a fixed job table size
that's set at compile time; I think the default value is 4096.  I've
seen it crash if you have more jobs in flight than that, though that was
admittedly in very old versions.  In any case, if you regularly have
more jobs than that, you may want to consider increasing that value and
recompiling Maui; there are instructions on what to change in Appendix D
of the admin guide.

	--Troy