[Mauiusers] Throttling Job Starts.

Matt Hodges M.P.Hodges at rl.ac.uk
Fri Feb 2 05:02:40 MST 2007

Hi,

Is is possible in Maui to throttle job starts, i.e. limit the number
for a given scheduler iteration?  I don't mind how many jobs are
running for the group in question (and this is determined in practice
by fairshares), but I want to avoid starting more than a couple of
jobs simultaneously.  Ideally this would be configurable by group, or
perhaps by user.

I've tried playing around with the MAXJOBQUEUED and
MAXJOBQUEUEDPERUSER parameters but haven't been able to prevent
simultaneous job starts.

Is something like this possible in maui.cfg or by other means?

Maui version:   3.2.6p16
Torque version: 2.1.6

Thanks,

Matt