[Mauiusers] Bug in memory limit enforcement after maui restart

Martin Kleinschmidt mk at theochem.uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri Dec 21 07:10:09 MST 2007

On Fr, 21 Dez 2007, Gareth.Williams at csiro.au wrote:

>Hi Martin,
>
>When you say:
>-l nodes=1:4
>do you mean
>-l nodes=1:ppn=4
>?

Yes, that was a typo in the mail only, thanks!

>At our site, we only use vmem limits.  In fact I thought torque would
>track mem, but neither torque or maui/moab would actually do anything
>with it. We have never had a problem quite like yours.

Before activating the limit enforcements, I have tested with mem and
vmem limits, both work very well, except fot this restarting issue. You
have to set the limit enforcement in maui.cfg by

ENFORCERESOURCELIMITS ON
RESOURCELIMITPOLICY[0] MEM:ALWAYS:CANCEL

   ...martin