[Mauiusers] Can server host name checking be disabled in maui-3.2.6p19?

Manuel Reiter reiter at th.physik.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon Dec 17 08:21:56 MST 2007

Hi,

I just now upgraded from maui-3.2.6p14 to maui-3.2.6p19 and
everything seems to be working. I ran into one problem though:

We are running maui on an IP address that can get changed over from
one host to another for failover reasons. The hostname for this
address resolves fine on the cluster, and so far, we had that
hostname in our maui.cfg file. This is, however, different from what
'hostname -f' reports on any of the hosts involved. This was no
problem with maui-3.2.6p14, but 3.2.6-p19 complains that it should be
started on the hostname in the configuration file.

By looking at the source code, I found the workaround of just putting
the numerical IP address in the config file, but I'm still curious
whether there is a more elegnat way around this.

Can I disable hostname checking altogether? Better still, is there a
way to make maui just check whether the IP of the server host in
maui.cfg matches any local IP address?

Thanks in advance and best regards,

   Manuel