[Mauiusers] Tools to generate reports

Troy Baer troy at osc.edu
Wed Aug 29 09:14:32 MDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 11:41 +0100, Albano Serrano wrote:
> We have a Rocks Cluster with Torque and Maui to manage jobs.
>
> Maui command “showstats” give some information, but we would like
> make, easily, reports (with graphics) about cluster utilization based
> in Maui/torque logs.
>
> Like reports of:
> -        CPU  utilization at various time periods,
> -        Jobs number by user/group,
> -        Jobs number by queues,
> -        Etc.
>
> Does anyone know of some good tools (developed in Perl or Phyton, for
> example) that do this kind of reports?

This is one of those things where every site seems to want/need
something slightly different.  PBSWeb comes with something like this,
and my own pbstools package[1] includes two different systems for it
(one written in Perl that uses the PBS/TORQUE accounting logs directly,
and another in PHP that stores the accounting data and job scripts in a
MySQL database).

[1] http://www.osc.edu/~troy/pbstools-1.4.tar.gz

	--Troy
Troy Baer                       troy at osc.edu
Science & Technology Support    http://www.osc.edu/supercomputing/
Ohio Supercomputer Center       614-292-9701