[Mauiusers] Blocking large jobs during normal business hours.

Caird, Andrew J acaird at umich.edu
Wed Aug 29 06:34:53 MDT 2007

Brad,

That's what I would do - set a standing reservation on those nodes owned
by no one (or someone who will never run a job) for those hours.  The
queuing system (Torque) doesn't know any better and will happily accept
jobs all day, then when the scheduler (Maui) sees fit it will start the
jobs.

Note that if people submit jobs longer than the M-F run-time window (15
hours, in your case) they won't run until the weekend, and if they
submit jobs longer than 63 hours (Friday at 5 - Monday at 8) they will
never run; you might want to set a resources_max.walltime limit of 63
hours so there's some feedback to the user.

--andy