[Mauiusers] Blocking large jobs during normal business hours.

Brad Viviano viviano at renci.org
Wed Aug 29 06:22:17 MDT 2007

I apologize if this has already been addressed, I searched the archive,
the WIKI's for Torque/Maui, and Google and didn't find any specifics.  I
have a 64 node cluster running Torque 2.1.2 and Maui 3.2.6p19.  Inside
Torque I have the following queues defined:

serial (1 node)
p8 (2 to 8 nodes)
p16 (9 to 16 nodes)
p32 (17 to 32 nodes)
p64 (33 to 64 nodes)
batch (default queue, routing queue for above)

During normal business hours (8am to 5pm M-F) I want to block job runs
on the p64 queue, but still allow users to queue their p64 jobs.  I
think setting a standing reservation for M-F 8am-5pm for all but the p64
queue might be the way to go, but wasn't sure if there was a better way
to do it.  Can someone suggest the best way to proceed, if I missed this
information in the WIKI, feel free to chastise me and point it out :).

   Thanks,
	-Brad Viviano