[Mauiusers] How to allow one user to run extra-long jobs ?

Mark Moore mmoore at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 23 08:46:23 MDT 2007

Ole Holm Nielsen wrote:
> We use torque-2.1.8-1cri and Maui 3.2.6p20 on our cluster.  Our queues
> have a maximum wall clock time limit of 50 hours, but now one user
> needs to
> be able to run longer jobs (say, 100 hours), and I'm unsure how this
> requirement is best solved.  All other users must still have the 50 hour
> limit.
Correct.

> Presumably I need to create a new queue with a 100 hour limit, but how
> do I restrict access to this new time limit to a specified list of
> users ?
Use the ACL feature in Torque. We have a similar situation. Our queue is
the 'monster' queue. The following configuration limits queue use to users
jet, mmoore, and nickw. Make sure "acl_user_enable = True" is also set for
the queue.

Qmgr: list queue monster
Queue monster
        queue_type = Execution
        Priority = 40
        total_jobs = 0
        state_count = Transit:0 Queued:0 Held:0 Waiting:0 Running:0
Exiting:0
        max_running = 10
        acl_user_enable = True
        acl_users = jet,mmoore,nickw
        resources_max.cput = 2304:00:00
        resources_max.nodect = 16
        resources_max.walltime = 240:00:00
        resources_min.cput = 12:00:01
        resources_min.nodect = 1
        resources_default.cput = 1152:00:00
        resources_default.neednodes = open
        mtime = Thu Jul  5 13:34:10 2007
        resources_assigned.nodect = 0
        enabled = True
        started = True

> I guess that I can use Maui's MAX.WCLIMIT parameter, but how should it
> be implemented ?
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Ole

Regards,

--

	Mark
	--0-
UCAR/NCAR/CGD					mmoore at ucar.edu
1850 Table Mesa Drive				(W) 303 497-1338
Boulder, CO 80305				(F) 303 497-1324