[Mauiusers] How to allow one user to run extra-long jobs ?

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Thu Aug 23 07:27:17 MDT 2007

We use torque-2.1.8-1cri and Maui 3.2.6p20 on our cluster.  Our queues
have a maximum wall clock time limit of 50 hours, but now one user needs to
be able to run longer jobs (say, 100 hours), and I'm unsure how this
requirement is best solved.  All other users must still have the 50 hour
limit.

Presumably I need to create a new queue with a 100 hour limit, but how
do I restrict access to this new time limit to a specified list of users ?
I guess that I can use Maui's MAX.WCLIMIT parameter, but how should it
be implemented ?

Thanks a lot,
Ole

--
Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark