[Mauiusers] Does maui schedule the jobs by queue?

Kenneth Yoshimoto kenneth at sdsc.edu
Wed Aug 22 08:28:13 MDT 2007

  The idea behind this was that it would be more efficient to
consider all jobs as sitting in a single, prioritized queue
with all nodes accessible by that queue.  So, Maui can
schedule any job on the system on any node, constrained by
job requirements and node attributes.  This means that
resource fragmentation from dividing up the nodes into different
queues is avoided.

Kenneth