[Mauiusers] Does maui schedule the jobs by queue?

Ronny T. Lampert telecaadmin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 02:35:10 MDT 2007

> I am a little confused about the maui's scheduling strategy. If the
> resource management has a few queue, so how will maui schedule jobs? Run
> jobs queue by queue, and sort the job in a queue according to the jobs'
> prority? Or just sort all jobs according to their prority? Thanks

Usually maui will sort by priority, and it will do that over all queues.
You define how this priority is composed; standard is by queuing time
(QUEUETIMEWEIGHT) which means it will be more or less FIFO.

So in short that means: pull jobs from all queues, sort them by
priority, and run them in that order.

Cheers,
Ronny