[Mauiusers] Patch for the default partition handling

Eygene Ryabinkin rea+maui at grid.kiae.ru
Fri Aug 10 04:05:28 MDT 2007

Good day.

Could I remind the list and the developers that there is the patch
for the correct handling of the PDEF statement in Maui.  With this
patch, the job first will go to the partition that is default for
the given user, group, etc.  And only if the default partition is
filled with jobs the other partitions will be examined.

This patch eliminates the problem.  It is working on the RRC-KI
Grid cluster since March 2007 and showed no problems.

I had private conversation with Josh Butikofer and he said that
patch looks good and he will get in touch with other developers
to see if this can be added to the repository.  I had no response
from Josh a number of times, so I am posting the patch to the
list.  It is for the p19.

Any thoughts about it?

Thanks.
--