[Mauiusers] Preemption and multiple suspeded jobs on one node

Mark Nelson Mark.Nelson at durham.ac.uk
Fri Apr 20 02:10:23 MDT 2007

Hello

I have implemented suspension on my cluster, suspension and restoring
themselves are working correctly, however I have noticed that I have
several suspended jobs on one node.  What I think is happening is as
follows -

1.  Job in preemptee queue is being sent to node.
2.  Job is submitted to the preemptor queue which causes the preemptee
job to be suspended.
3.  Preemptor job runs and completes
4.  maui sends another job from the preemptee queue to the node without
letting the suspended job restart.
5.  Another Job is submitted to the preemptor queue which causes the
second preemptee job to be suspeneded.
6.  This repeats several times.

Has anyone else seen this pattern of behaviour, and/or knows how to fix it?

Mark.

Mark Nelson - Mark.Nelson at durham.ac.uk

IPPP, Department of Physics, University of Durham,
Science Laboratories, South Road, Durham, DH1 3LE
Office: +44 (0)191 334 3811, Direct Dial: +44 (0)191 334 3653

PGP Key: http://www.ippp.dur.ac.uk/~mn/pgp_key.txt
This mail is for the addressee only