[Mauiusers] Bug? Maui does not respect extended resource violation time if job has been idle in queue for a while.

Josh Butikofer josh at clusterresources.com
Wed Apr 18 12:07:33 MDT 2007

There was a problem with the way Maui was calculating J->RULVTime. It was being incremented each
scheduling iteration by the number of iterations Moab had processed up to that point. This makes no
sense, since the max violation time is TIME based and not ITERATION based. I also added code which
resets RULVTime when there is no longer a violation detected. These issues have been fixed and, I
believe, you should see better results without having to reset RULVTime at job start.

These fixes are available in the latest snapshot and will also be included in the next Maui patch.

--
Joshua Butikofer
Cluster Resources, Inc.

josh at clusterresources.com