[Mauiusers] nodesets in classcfg[]?

Frank Wennmohs frankw at thch.uni-bonn.de
Tue Sep 26 12:53:52 MDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 12:30:49PM -0600, Garrick Staples wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 10:50:44AM +0200, Frank Wennmohs alleged:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > according to the MOAB documentation it is possible to
> > set default nodelists for classes, e.g.
> >

> > CLASSCFG[mpi]         DEFAULT.NODESET=ONEOF:FEATURE:green,bigmem
> >
> > In the MAUI documentation nothing can be found about it.
> >
> > So, does anybody know if it would be possible to do so in MAUI?
> > It is a nice way to partition a heterogenous cluster....
> >
> > At the moment I have put it into my maui.cfg but despite this
> > the node allocation crosses the feature boundaries.
> >
> > Any ideas how to rectify this?
>
> In maui, I've set global feature nodesets with this:
>
> NODESETPOLICY          ONEOF
> NODESETATTRIBUTE       FEATURE
> NODESETDELAY           1
> NODESETLIST            ether myri ...
>
> And then you can assign a particular node feature to a class in qmgr
> with:
>   set queue mpi resources_default.neednodes=foo

Yes, I thought about this.... unfortunately, our cluster
is more heterogenous than that. We not only
have to differantiate between two connection types, but also
between architectures...

So we created two different queues of architectures and
in those we would like to be able to choose from a set of
features....

Does anyone have an idea for this?

Regards,

Frank