[Mauiusers] nodesets in classcfg[]?

Garrick Staples garrick at clusterresources.com
Tue Sep 26 12:30:49 MDT 2006

On Tue, Sep 26, 2006 at 10:50:44AM +0200, Frank Wennmohs alleged:

> Hello all,
>
> according to the MOAB documentation it is possible to
> set default nodelists for classes, e.g.
>

> CLASSCFG[mpi]         DEFAULT.NODESET=ONEOF:FEATURE:green,bigmem
>
> In the MAUI documentation nothing can be found about it.
>
> So, does anybody know if it would be possible to do so in MAUI?
> It is a nice way to partition a heterogenous cluster....
>
> At the moment I have put it into my maui.cfg but despite this
> the node allocation crosses the feature boundaries.
>
> Any ideas how to rectify this?

In maui, I've set global feature nodesets with this:

NODESETPOLICY          ONEOF
NODESETATTRIBUTE       FEATURE
NODESETDELAY           1
NODESETLIST            ether myri ...

And then you can assign a particular node feature to a class in qmgr
with:
  set queue mpi resources_default.neednodes=foo