[Mauiusers] manually suspended jobs resume automatically

Neelesh Arora narora at Princeton.EDU
Tue Sep 26 11:52:46 MDT 2006

Hi,

I am testing torque-2.1.2 and maui-3.2.6p16-snap.1157560841 (latest
snapshot) on a bunch of RHEL4 based nodes.

When I try to do mjobctl -s on a job, it is suspended as expected, but
soon after (in a few seconds) it resumes execution automatically. In the
mom_logs on the target node, I observe that the job receives signal 20
(SIGTSTP) and then 19 (SIGSTOP), but then in a few seconds it also
receives signal 18 (SIGCONT) and resumes.

Whereas, if I try the torque command qsig -s suspend on the job, it
suspends until I force-resume it with qsig -s resume.

There are no preemptor/preemptee rules defined in maui config.

Can someone please explain this behavior in maui? Am I missing something
here?

Thanks.

-Neel