[Mauiusers] MAUI client requests rejected

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Wed Sep 6 08:47:33 MDT 2006

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au wrote:
> When you configure maui there is an option --with-key=XXX
> If you use it, a 'key' is configured into the binaries and used as part
> of the client-command to server authentication.  If you don't specify
> it, a random key is used in the build.  As a result, if you want the
> client tools from one build to work with another build, you must specify
> the same key to configure.

Your solution works !  I got the key XXX from the MAUI server build by
   grep SEED config.log
and then used that key to configure the MAUI build on a client host using
   configure --with-key=XXX

Still, I'd hope that the maui-private.cfg file could be used as well with
   CLIENTCFG[RM:clusterA] CSKEY=banana6
if only the syntax of that configuration could be explained.

Thanks a lot,
Ole

--
Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark,