[Mauiusers] MAUI client requests rejected

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Wed Sep 6 08:15:42 MDT 2006

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au wrote:
> When you configure maui there is an option --with-key=XXX
> If you use it, a 'key' is configured into the binaries and used as part
> of the client-command to server authentication.  If you don't specify
> it, a random key is used in the build.  As a result, if you want the
> client tools from one build to work with another build, you must specify
> the same key to configure.

Thanks, I'll try your solution.  What bugs me is the documentation
http://www.clusterresources.com/products/maui/docs/a.esecurity.shtml
where the example says to put this line into maui-private.cfg:
     CLIENTCFG[RM:clusterA] CSKEY=banana6

This means that you can configure a new shared key after the build,
right ?  But what's the syntax here ?  Garrick said:
 > "RM" is Resource Manager, like TORQUE or PBSPro.
Garrick, could you kindly provide an *explicit* example valid for a
Torque pbs_server ?

> Note. I presume you are using either the new clients with the old maui
> or old clients with a new maui.  The solution is 1) use the new clients
> with the new maui, and 2) in the future specify a particular key so that
> the problem will not recurr even if you use old clients.

No, I'm building the latest Maui on two different systems (arch=i686 and
x86_64, respectively).  So I need to use the same key with the two builds.

--
Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark,