[Mauiusers] MAUI client requests rejected

Gareth.Williams at csiro.au Gareth.Williams at csiro.au
Tue Sep 5 17:06:42 MDT 2006

My understanding is as follows:

When you configure maui there is an option --with-key=XXX
If you use it, a 'key' is configured into the binaries and used as part
of the client-command to server authentication.  If you don't specify
it, a random key is used in the build.  As a result, if you want the
client tools from one build to work with another build, you must specify
the same key to configure.

I'd happily be corrected if this is wrong or incomplete.

Note. I presume you are using either the new clients with the old maui
or old clients with a new maui.  The solution is 1) use the new clients
with the new maui, and 2) in the future specify a particular key so that
the problem will not recurr even if you use old clients.

-- Gareth