[Mauiusers] MAUI client requests rejected

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Tue Sep 5 02:17:34 MDT 2006

We're upgrading to maui-3.2.6p16, and we have a problem with client
hosts (i.e., the hosts where normal users log in) not being able to
ask for the status of MAUI, notably the "showq" command which gives
the following error on a client host:

# showq
ERROR:    lost connection to server
ERROR:    cannot request service (status)

The MAUI server log has rejected the request as seen in maui.log:
09/05 09:59:13 ALERT:    checksum does not match
(de56647432047d1a:564c00d0d8d4d658)  request 'TS=1157443153 AUTH=ohnielse
DT=CMD=showq AUTH=ohnielse ARG=0 ALL 0'

Question: How do I configure the MAUI server/clients so that status
inquiries become enabled ?

I've tried to follow the documentation
http://www.clusterresources.com/products/maui/docs/a.esecurity.shtml
where the example says to put this line into maui-private.cfg:
    CLIENTCFG[RM:clusterA] CSKEY=banana6
I've done this on both the server and the client and restarted MAUI,
but still I get the above error messages.  Perhaps I've misunderstood
which parameter should replace "clusterA" in the above, but I assume
it's the hostname of the MAUI server host.

Can anyone throw light on this problem ?

Thanks,
Ole

--
Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark,