[Mauiusers] user priorities

Sam Rash srash at yahoo-inc.com
Fri Sep 1 11:22:30 MDT 2006

So I know this is not 'supported' in maui.  Are there any plans to include
it?  It'd be very useful for us.  Further, with the ACLs, it seems easy
enough to keep it from getting out of hand by allowing only certain users to
even set the user priority (ie maui respects it only in certain cases.)

We need this because we want to be able to submit processing for particular
datasets and basically have a variable distinct set of items we need ordered
by priority (doesn't fit into a small number of pre-existing classes)

Is this a case where maui just ignores the value?  (easy for me to tweak our
code)  or does maui not even retrieve the info from torque?

Thanks,

Sam Rash

srash at yahoo-inc.com

408-349-7312