[torqueusers] Re: [Mauiusers] scheduling = false + maui

wightman wightman at clusterresources.com
Wed Oct 25 14:40:14 MDT 2006

Pausing the scheduler (Moab) is actually different from stopping the
scheduler.  A paused scheduler will continue to read in resource manager
information but will not schedule any jobs.  Stopping the scheduler
results in Moab not reading in any new resource manager information, it
only responds to client commands.

I've only done the "scheduling=false" once per installtion to make sure
pbs_sched never does a thing.  From then on, if I want to stop
scheduling I just issue "mschedctl -s" or mschedctl -p".

- Douglas