[Mauiusers] Restarting maui

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Nov 30 19:16:34 MST 2006

On Friday 01 December 2006 11:19, Donald Tripp wrote:

> Actually job info is stored in the resource manager (either torque, pbs,
> etc...). Maui is just a scheduler. It interacts with your resource manager.
> So, if you restart maui it won't matter to the resource manager, and you
> won't loose your jobs.

I don't know if it is still the case, but certainly I've seen in the past when
restarting Maui if jobs do not have a default, non-zero, walltime set then
they are treated as having a walltime of 0:0:0, and obviously have exceeded
that by a large margin..

This may well have been fixed by now, but it is worth bearing in mind.

Chris