[Mauiusers] Restarting maui

Vadivelan Ranjith achillesvelan at yahoo.co.in
Thu Nov 30 10:00:40 MST 2006

Hi
Actually i decreased the number of processors per person.
USERCFG[DEFAULT]            MAXPROC=4

Regards
Velan

Åke Sandgren <ake.sandgren at hpc2n.umu.se> wrote: On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 09:50 +0000, Vadivelan Ranjith wrote:
> Hi
> I have simple doubt in maui. In my cluster many jobs are running and
> many jobs are in queue and also Idle. Now i want to change the
> configuration file(maui.cfg). After changing it, i want to know
> wheather i should restart the service ?. if is it, will it affect the
> running, queue, idle jobs ?. Can you help me what i have to do?
>
> I am new to maui and i am sorry if it discussed earlier.

Depending on what parameter you have changed you might get away with
only using changeparam to change the running instance.
Otherwise just restart maui.
schedctl -k
and then start it again.

It shouldn't affect anything.