[Mauiusers] ignoring reservations/etc for job start

Ramon Bastiaans bastiaans at sara.nl
Thu Nov 30 03:28:17 MST 2006

The priority jobs I want to run are sort of test jobs, that will not
succeed on the login node. This is because not all required software for
the test job is installed on the head/login node, but it is on the batch
nodes.

That's also why I want it to run through the normal batch but just
bypass all scheduling restrictions and just run immediately on any node.

Cheers,
- Ramon.

Chris Samuel wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 November 2006 23:51, Lennart Karlsson wrote:
>
>>  If your simple job runs quickly, that would be enough, otherwise you could
>> setup this node as a timeshared nod (':ts' in the pbs_server nodes file),
>> but I have no experience configuring that.
>
> On one of our clusters we have a 'copyq' (cloned from APAC) where jobs run on
> the head node of the cluster with access to the Internet with some fairly
> strict limits.
>
> Our Torque config for the queue looks like:
>
> #
> # Create and define queue copyq
> #
> create queue copyq
> set queue copyq queue_type = Execution
> set queue copyq Priority = 18
> set queue copyq resources_max.cput = 04:00:00
> set queue copyq resources_max.ncpus = 1
> set queue copyq resources_max.vmem = 1024mb
> set queue copyq resources_max.walltime = 10:00:00
> set queue copyq resources_min.nice = 0
> set queue copyq resources_default.cput = 04:00:00
> set queue copyq resources_default.ncpus = 1
> set queue copyq resources_default.nice = 0
> set queue copyq resources_default.vmem = 100mb
> set queue copyq resources_default.walltime = 10:00:00
> set queue copyq max_user_run = 4
> set queue copyq enabled = True
> set queue copyq started = True
>
> Then in Moab we use a standing reservation with hostlist to bind that queue to
> a the login node:
>
> SRCFG[copyq] PERIOD=INFINITY
> SRCFG[copyq] HOSTLIST=^edda$
> SRCFG[copyq] CLASSLIST=copyq
> SRCFG[copyq] COMMENT="Standing reservation for copyq"
>
> cheers,
> Chris

ing. R. Bastiaans

Systems Programmer / High Performance Computing & Visualisation /
SARA                 Computing and Networking Services
Kruislaan 415        PO Box 194613
1098 SJ Amsterdam    1090 GP Amsterdam
---
There are really only three types of people:

   Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen
   and those who say, "What happened?"