[Mauiusers] ignoring reservations/etc for job start

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Nov 29 23:30:22 MST 2006

On Tuesday 28 November 2006 23:51, Lennart Karlsson wrote:

>  If your simple job runs quickly, that would be enough, otherwise you could
> setup this node as a timeshared nod (':ts' in the pbs_server nodes file),
> but I have no experience configuring that.

On one of our clusters we have a 'copyq' (cloned from APAC) where jobs run on
the head node of the cluster with access to the Internet with some fairly
strict limits.

Our Torque config for the queue looks like:

#
# Create and define queue copyq
#
create queue copyq
set queue copyq queue_type = Execution
set queue copyq Priority = 18
set queue copyq resources_max.cput = 04:00:00
set queue copyq resources_max.ncpus = 1
set queue copyq resources_max.vmem = 1024mb
set queue copyq resources_max.walltime = 10:00:00
set queue copyq resources_min.nice = 0
set queue copyq resources_default.cput = 04:00:00
set queue copyq resources_default.ncpus = 1
set queue copyq resources_default.nice = 0
set queue copyq resources_default.vmem = 100mb
set queue copyq resources_default.walltime = 10:00:00
set queue copyq max_user_run = 4
set queue copyq enabled = True
set queue copyq started = True

Then in Moab we use a standing reservation with hostlist to bind that queue to
a the login node:

SRCFG[copyq] PERIOD=INFINITY
SRCFG[copyq] HOSTLIST=^edda$
SRCFG[copyq] CLASSLIST=copyq
SRCFG[copyq] COMMENT="Standing reservation for copyq"

cheers,
Chris