[Mauiusers] ignoring reservations/etc for job start

Ramon Bastiaans bastiaans at sara.nl
Tue Nov 28 02:11:35 MST 2006

Well I want it to work always for a certain type of job, so qrun/runjob
is not really a option.

Preemption of other jobs is also something I would prefer not to do,
since the jobs I would like to run (always) don't require any resources
at all but still do arrive through the batch system.

- Ramon.

Lennart Karlsson wrote:
> bastiaans at sara.nl said:
>> Is there some way to get a job to run always, no matter what
>> (reservations task/proc availability etc)?
>

> 'qrun' or 'runjob -f' ?
>
> Or preempt other jobs to hijack their nodes?
>
> -- Lennart Karlsson <Lennart.Karlsson at nsc.liu.se>
>    National Supercomputer Centre in Linkoping, Sweden
>    http://www.nsc.liu.se

ing. R. Bastiaans

Systems Programmer / High Performance Computing & Visualisation /
SARA                 Computing and Networking Services
Kruislaan 415        PO Box 194613
1098 SJ Amsterdam    1090 GP Amsterdam
---
There are really only three types of people:

   Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen
   and those who say, "What happened?"