[Mauiusers] ignoring reservations/etc for job start

Ramon Bastiaans bastiaans at sara.nl
Fri Nov 24 06:29:18 MST 2006

Is there some way to get a job to run always, no matter what
(reservations task/proc availability etc)?

It seems MOAB supports this option for standing reservations SRCFG:

"IGNRSV 	request will ignore existing resource reservations allowing the
reservation to be forced onto available resources even if this conflicts
with other reservations."

But I can't find anything about it for maui and how to apply it to for
example a QOSCFG or similar. I've tried making a QOSCFG with IGNALL or
USERESERVED but it does not seem to have the desired effect. Maui keeps
reporting "idle procs do not meet requirements", which I want to ignore
and just start it. ;)

Is it even possible, has anyone done anything like this?

Cheers,
- Ramon.
--
ing. R. Bastiaans

Systems Programmer / High Performance Computing & Visualisation /
SARA                 Computing and Networking Services
Kruislaan 415        PO Box 194613
1098 SJ Amsterdam    1090 GP Amsterdam
---
There are really only three types of people:

   Those who make things happen, those who watch things happen
   and those who say, "What happened?"