[Mauiusers] qsub problem with several nodes and several properties]

Marchand Corine Corine.Marchand at ext.bull.net
Wed Nov 15 07:53:52 MST 2006

Hi,

I have a problem using maui and torque. (maui maui-3.2.6p16 and torque
2.1.6).
I have two queues : QA and QB. The queue QA has the property A , the
queue QB has the property B. To set the property of the queues, I use "
resources_default.neednodes". One node NA has the property A. Two nodes
NB1 and NB2 have the property B. ALL the nodes have 2 cpus.

The following test is OK.
qsub -l nodes=1:ppn=1+1:ppn=2 -q QB
The job runs on NB1 with 1 cpu, and on NB2 with 2cpus. All is allright.

But the following test is failed.
qsub -l nodes=1:ppn=2+1:ppn=1  -q QB
The job runs with 2 cpus on NB2 (OK) but it runs with 1 cpu on NA. The
property of the queue is no more respected.

The following test is failed too.
qsub -l nodes=1:ppn=1+1:ppn=1 -q QB
The job runs with 1 cpus on NB2 (OK) but it runs with 1 cpu on NA. The
property of the queue is no more respected.

Has somebody any idea about this problem ?

Without the option -l in the qsub command, all works fine. The
properties of the queues are always respected.

In maui.cfg , I have the following parameters :
ENABLEMULTIREQJOBS TRUE
JOBNODEMATCHPOLICY EXACTNODE

Thanks in advance for all your help,
Valerie