[Mauiusers] maui crashes with segv (version 3.2.6.p16)

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Tue Nov 7 07:02:22 MST 2006

Douglas,

  Your mail was captured by our SPAM filters ;-(

wightman wrote:

>> To give an example. I have posted a patch that fixes an issue with MAXPS
>> for our site. I submitted a bug report and asked several times to the
>> list if the patch will be applied, rejected or must i change the patch
>> so it would be applied. Till now i have not had a reaction at all ;-(
>
> My apologies.  I thought another developer had gotten back to you about
> this patch.  The only tricky part about this patch, and the reason that
> it hasn't yet been applied, is that it changes default behavior.
> Because Maui is in use at so many locations, we try not to change the
> default behavior ever.  Normally, in a situation like this, it's best to
> create a new parameter, like NODEALLOCMAXPS {TRUE|FALSE}.  When set to
> TRUE then you get the behavior you desire.  But default, however, it is
> set to FALSE so as not to disrupt the standard behavior that others have
> come to expect.  The developers here were split as to whether this was a
> "bug" or not.

I will be nice if the discussion is on the list or the result. Now a lot
of time is wasted till we finally come to a result.  Is not a bug then
it is an enhancement.

Oke i have implemented it with NODEALLOCMAXPS and it is a  sched
parameter and the default is FALSE.

If i send the patches will it be incorporated in the next snaphot release?

Regards