[Mauiusers] maui crashes with segv (version 3.2.6.p16)

Rouben Tchakhmakhtchian rouben at utsc.utoronto.ca
Thu Nov 2 07:54:42 MST 2006

I can certainly appreciate the position clusterresources.com is in; in
other words, they need to make money off moab. However, one important
thing to realize is that clusterresources.com needs the input of the OSS
community in order to assist the evolution and development of their
software.

Furthermore, it would probably make more sense to try our fresh patches
in the open source flavours of the software, and once they are deemed
"stable" to move them to your commercial offerings. This is an approach
used by RedHat, for example (Fedora Core vs. RedHat Enterprise). Of
course, if there are any serious bug/security issues to be fixed, they
can go straight into the Enterprise offering.

Just my 2 cents.

Rouben Tchakhmakhtchian
High Performance Computing System Administrator
Information & Instructional Technology Services
University of Toronto at Scarborough
E-mail: rouben at utsc.utoronto.ca
Phone: 416-208-4732
Fax: 416-287-7507
GnuPG Key: http://tinyurl.com/roce2
GnuPG Key ID: 0x58A2061B
GnuPG Key Fingerprint:
CCA6 BAEA BC2B E184 8D97 9E59 1188 12DD 58A2 061B