[Mauiusers] maui crashes with segv (version 3.2.6.p16)

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Thu Nov 2 03:03:38 MST 2006

I have adjusted the MAX_MHBUF parameter in msched.h to a higher value.
No it did not crash, but it is still possible not to find a free job
hash table slot.  IF you allow more jobs then to have also increase this
parameter.

/* HvB */
/*
#define MAX_MHBUF           768
*/
#define MAX_MHBUF          4000

The implementation of the hash functionality is not optimal.  It can be
better, the way it is implemeneted is error prune.

Still i have a question that is not answered till now. Is Maui still
supported or maintained?

Because sometimes patches are applied but most of the times not. See
bugzilla (http://www.clusterresources.com/bugzilla/ a lot
of patches/bugs are still open and they are really old.

Another thing is if patches are sent. There is no reaction at all ;-(
Maybe maintaining my own version is the best option at this moment!

Regards

PS)