[Mauiusers] Partition problem

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Fri Mar 31 01:25:11 MST 2006

luxun wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am running maui-3.2.6p14 and torque-2.0.0p8 on RHEL 4 WS.
> I define 3 queues, batch, serial, parallel.
> batch is a routing queue, serial is for single node and parallel is for
> multiple nodes.
> host i151.ascc, i152.ascc, i153.ascc, i154.ascc are for serial queue.
> host i155.ascc, i156.ascc are for parallel queue.
>
> When I submit a parallel job, I wish the job running on parallel queue.
> But the parallel job running on serial queue.
> My serial job also running on parallel queue.
> Maybe the partition define in maui is not work.

I do not use PARTITIONS but i solved the problem by setting node
properties for, eg:
node1 serial
node2 serial
node3 parallel
node4 parallel

In torque to create queue:
   parallel...
   set queue q_parallel resources_default.neednodes = parallel
   set queue q_parallel resources_default.nodect = 2

   serial...
   set queue q_serial resources_default.neednodes = serial
   set queue q_serial resources_max.nodect = 1
   set queue q_serial resources_default.ncpus = 1
   set queue q_serial resources_default.nodect = 1
   set queue q_serial resources_default.nodes = 1