[Mauiusers] scheduling interval not working?

Steve Traylen s.traylen at rl.ac.uk
Mon Mar 27 09:25:49 MST 2006

On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 09:38:13AM -0600 or thereabouts, Gabe Turner wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 02:23:39PM +0200, Gonzalo Merino wrote:
> >    Hello,
> >
> >    We are running maui-3.2.6p11 on top of  Torque-1.0.1p6 for managing a
> >    cluster of about 200 nodes at this moment.
> >    We have set up the scheduling interval to 2 minutes in the maui conf:
> >
> >    # grep RMPOLLINTERVAL /var/spool/maui/maui.cfg
> >    RMPOLLINTERVAL        00:02:00
> >
> >    But on the maui.log I can see some messages that suggest that this is not
> >    being respected. It seems that maui scheduling cycles are happening much
> >    more often... several per minute!
>
> If you have scheduling = True in your torque server config, maui will poll
> every time a job is submitted.

Hi Gonzalo,

   I was going to say have a  look at the bit on JOBAGGREGATIONTIME

   on

   http://www.clusterresources.com/products/mwm/docs/a.ilargeclusters.shtml#jobs

   but then we have

   JOBAGGREGATIONTIME    00:00:00

   but still see

  maui.log.2:03/27 17:23:52 INFO:     scheduling complete.  sleeping 30 seconds
  maui.log.1:03/27 17:23:57 INFO:     scheduling complete.  sleeping 30 seconds

   so it does not look to work as I had expected.

  The scheduling = False does do the job though.

  (See you next week I guess)

 Steve